Sunday 19 July 2015

Join.A.Corp

There is nothing like going to alliance chat and saying "Hi I'm new" and getting a wave of friendly greetings and questions.  I have a feeling joining Signal-Cartel will be one of the better decisions I've made in this game.

This morning I discovered my application had been accepted.  Only problem, you can't join a corp unless you're in a pod (for once, I wasn't!), or docked (I was at the outer-edges of null-sec).  Fortuitously - thanks to a lot of trial and error with autopilot and Eve-Scout's Thera wormhole map, it turns out I was only 6 jumps from a link to Thera!

So after briefly racing a Russian in a Crane, (he beat me, while pointing out that I could never be as fast as him - though I'm going to blame it on  one of the systems we crossed being soo big I had to re-charge my cap twice to warp across it), I got to enter the spooky wormhole, warp, (re-charge my cap again) and land at my new home base.

Corp invite accepted, opportunities map now completed, and time to say hello in chat.

The future starts here, and I think it's going to be fun!